A Traditional Gene Hamm Design
Golf course architect Gene Hamm left his mark throughout this great state, but perhaps none more memorable than the design at Colonial Country Club. Hamm has built courses in some of the finest areas in North Carolina, including the historic Pinehurst area. Hamm’s work at Colonial proved to be one of his finest. Never one to disturb nature, Hamm carved the layout through hardwood forests leaving the natural contours of the land to provide the character of the course. The result was a wonderful test of golf that thrills golfers to this day.
What Colonial Members Enjoy…
Colonial Country Club members are treated to a golf course that is well-manicured 365 days a year. Course setup is always fair, yet challenging. The greens are bentgrass and provide a smooth and even pace for all to enjoy. Our staff builds a unique and exciting calendar of golf events each and every year. From our weekend Member-Guest to our Couples events in the evenings, our members are never short of fun golf events. Colonial Country Club also offers very active Men’s and Ladies Golf Associations, each very welcoming to new faces.
- Challenging par 71 course (USGA rating 71.5/slope 118)
- 6,600 yards of rolling Bermuda fairways with 75 maintained bunkers
- Large well manicured champion bermuda greens
- Driving range and 3,000 square foot chipping green with bunker
- Friendly, knowledgeable, professional staff (lessons by appointment)
- Pro shop featuring the latest in golf equipment and sportswear for men and women
- Played host to Carolina Sr. 4-ball, NC Women’s Amateur championship, and U.S. Open qualifying
2016 Golf Calendar